Wednesday, October 10, 2018

X2


When looking at Christopher Johnson’s ASCII Art Collection, it wasn’t what I expected. I looked at several of his 23 different categories and within all of them they were extremely unique. I had seen computer images like this, but I had never seen it in an art form. It’s interesting how he could take his passion for computers and art and conform them. One of my favorites categories was the Mickey Mouse section. It’s crazy how similar it was compared to a drawn version of Mickey! When I searched through the animal selection, he didn’t have a turtle category ( my favorite animal), but he still had a variety of different animals. Out of the given, I liked the dolphin category the most. I enjoyed this one particularly because each of the 5 dolphin designs were so different from one another, yet they were using the same computer programing to achieve the desired effect. Each dolphin was made up of letters, words, lines, and special characters. The usage of them uniformly made a realistic outline of a dolphin. My most favorite of his work was the astronomy art. With multiple examples of different space sceneries, it was eccentrically interesting. I loved both of the Saturn designs and one of the Earth designs. The ASCII gallery was something I was not expecting, but it was super interesting and made me question the coding on how to achieve art pieces like his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

         For my final project I did a video about time. I explored the ideologies of time and asked the viewer what time means to them,...