Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A2

Flip Animation Video  (10-9-18) 



Artist Statement (10-10-18) 

This is my flip animation project about a rocket and a UFO’s journey through space. From the outside, the rocket is afraid of the UFO because it contains aliens and the UFO is afraid because the rocket contains humans. Yet, we find out at the end, that each space aircraft is more similar than they think. 

            I wanted to show the idea that we should not automatically judge things we see on the outside because things on the outside are much different than things on the inside. This statement is simple but powerful. We can apply this to the animation and in everyday life. The way my animation displays this is that they are both fighting for what they think is acceptable, yet they are on the same side. I also wanted to touch on the issue of stereotypes and the pride that comes with it. Here, the rocket assumes the UFO has an alien in it, so the rocket shoots the UFO without knowledge of who truly is inside the UFO. 

            I wanted to create an animation involving my passion of science fiction, astronomy, and scientific theology while incorporating two toxic issues in society today. I wanted people to see how it is truly the inside that you should see instead of making misinterpretations about someone or something. 

1 comment:

  1. I really liked that you created a story with your flip book that was influenced by your passions and social issues in society. I also loved that you added music to your video. For me personally the music makes me feel nostalgic and it reminds me of a children's cartoon.

    ReplyDelete

Final Project

         For my final project I did a video about time. I explored the ideologies of time and asked the viewer what time means to them,...