Monday, October 22, 2018

A4







     My grid art project is constructed out of 950 of my own photos. I wanted something that revealed many of my best adventures, as well as something extremely personal. My mosaic piece was a perfect way of incorporating 950 different memories into one piece of art. My piece was inspired by Yayoi Kusama’s Love is Callingart piece and poem. In the poem, she writes about the memories of love throughout her life. Though Kusama’s perception of love in the poem was rather depressing, my version of all memories of life is seen throughout my grid art. 
      For the overall aesthetic, I was inspired by the construction, colors, shapes, and concepts in Kusama’s Love is Callingroom. I incorporated a brightly colored, swirl in the center of my grid art to symbolize the colorful, curly shapes within the exhibit. In addition, Kusama’s exhibit had dark “holes” within the colorful shapes. My perception of this was the representation of her sadness throughout her life and perhaps in her afterlife. With this in mind, I created something similar in which I incorporated memories within my mosaic that were both joyful and faulty. As Yayoi Kusama also included mirrors within her exhibit to influence the viewer’s look on their own life, I incorporated many personal memories to spark the meaning of life within my own viewers. I believe that the colors and shapes are essential elements to the artist’s definition of life; the good, colorful, the bad and the dark. 
      From her work, I incorporated my own definition of life into my own piece. Within my grid art mosaic, I incorporated my own ideas of love and sadness within my life and the numerous memories conformed to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

         For my final project I did a video about time. I explored the ideologies of time and asked the viewer what time means to them,...